No one can know benefits of chatbots better than potential users of chatbots. So that’s where we started, the above list is based on Drift’s 2018 State of Chatbots Report. We added a few more points to categorize benefits of chatbots clearly.
Most of the businesses in around the world and in UAE are adopting digital transformation to modernize customer communication and improve internal processes. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is playing a crucial role in 2019 as it is being adopted across small businesses to enterprises. According to IDG, 89% of enterprises plan to adopt or have already adopted a digital-first business strategy.
With the increasing popularity of messaging and social media platforms, chatbots are now the center of business messaging. Business Insider report says, by 2020, over 80% of businesses are expected to have some sort of chatbots implemented.
Benefits to Customers
- 24 hour availability: While this is clearly a huge benefit, highlighting this risks creating backlash when bots are down due to security issues or maintenance
- Instant and Consistent answers: Talking to a customer service rep, a customer has no assurance that other reps are also providing similar, consistent responses. If a customer service rep is not helpful, a customer could be tempted to try calling again to see if the next rep is better.
- Recorded answers: Talking to a customer service rep, a customer gets no record of the conversation and most people would prefer not to record their conversations. However, a customer can take a screenshot whenever she likes, to remember the conversation or to challenge an answer provided by the bot.
- Instant transactions: Actions like changing or querying records are almost instantaneous for bots.
- Endless patience: While customer reps and customers sometimes lose their patience, that’s something bots are yet incapable of.
- Programmability: Since bots are on digital platforms where people spend majority of their waking hours working, bots can be used to automate common tasks such as arranging meetings, providing advanced search functionality
Benefits to Companies
- Improved customer satisfaction: All the benefits above will result in increased customer satisfaction which can lead to increased customer advocacy and sales.
- Cost savings: Companies’ need for growing the customer service department can be managed by rolling out increasingly capable bots handling more and more complex queries.
- Increased customer interaction and sales: Bots provide another channel to reach out to your customers. Bots can be leveraged to increase customer engagement with timely tips and offers.
- Reaching new customers: Bot platforms such as Kik or Facebook Messenger are one of the most popular apps. Being continuously active on these platforms helps companies reach new customers who may otherwise not want to reach out to the company with an email or call
- Gaining a deeper understanding of customers: Your customers rarely talk to your business. Chatbots provide your business with detailed, actionable records of your customers’ greatest pain points, helping your company improve its products and services
Chatbot Development Services in UAE
At XD Business Solutions, we have a dedicated chatbot development team with experience in building production-ready chatbots for various channels such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Kik, Skype etc.
Our team uses best chatbot development frameworks for building custom chatbots based on our client’s unique business requirements. We develop and train high-quality chatbots with conversational abilities, context sensitivity, and personality traits.